Friday, August 15, 2008

Ice Pantabulous!

Frozen Desserts have skyrocketed in popularity especially with Pink Berry and Pinky Berry wannabes. There's the new place called Ice Pan at the West Hollywood Gateway where Target, Best Buy and other stores are located. Trevor and I first discovered this place a couple weeks ago after dinner at Rockin Sushi. To order you need to pick out the flavor, then the type of milk, and the topping you would like.

Once you have ordered is where the fun begins. They make up their special concoction in a cup and pour it over this pan. As soon as it freezes the worker folds it and hits it and continues. It is quite a physical undertaking for him or her. It could be a good way to get your aggressions out if you're mad. haha.

They work on the ice cream for a good 5 minutes until it is the consistency of ice cream.

With my first bite I was surprised how good it was. I skeptical at first but it is really good ice cream. They claim for it to be healthy as well.

If you're in the area I suggest you try it.

My favorite - Strawberry Ice Cream made out of Low Fat Milk with Bananas.

Tonight we did the same thing however I was too full from dinner to get any but Trevor got the flavor above. However, they were working on a sample flavor and we are able to taste it. The flavor is - Cucumber.

I know it sounds gross but it was actually good. It's a flavor I could see being served at spas. It was really refreshing but then again I couldn't take another bite. Not sure if the flavor would be popular but if they do happen to have I'm sure I'll have it.

If any of you want to head out to Ice Pan let me know and I'm sure myself or Trevor would accompany you.

No comments: