Sunday, March 15, 2009

Guns

Yesterday my friend Howie decided for his birthday that he wanted to go to the gun range for his birthday. Different but I was down to go but wasn't sure if I wasn't go to shoot any guns. I was just going to watch.

I brought Andrew with me since he expressed interest. While on our way there I decided heck why not. At least do it at least once in your life.

I was pretty nervous waiting. It's like the feelings you get before you go on a roller coaster. Excited, Nervous, Scared. I wasn't sure what I was going to expect from shooting a gun.

When it came time to choosing a gun I chose a Baby Eagle...somethng or another. Forgot the rest of the name. My friend Bobby was like - how perfect. hahaha.

After they gave us our safety instructions we entered the range. Boy, was it loud in there.

I go to one of the stations and try to load the gun. I had a hard time putting ammo so Andrew had to do it for me.

Well once it was ready to I go I fired my first shot. I didn't realize how much power a gun can have when it recoils. As I continue to shoot it started to become a little fun. At one point I became trigger happy and just kept on shooting.

I tried some of the other guns like the revolver and the other had guns. I was afraid of the rifle and a couple of other guns. I tried like three or four guns.

In the end it was a great experience. Totally fun and is something I would do again. I would never buy a gun but just to go to a shooting a range and shoot some targets.

Here are some photos:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to try it out. how exciting for you!

I think I would feel the same way. Shooting a pellet gun is way different than a loaded pistol.

Yikes!