Saturday, March 14, 2009

Credit Card

Yesterday was pay day and what do I do on pay day? Pay bills so I that's all taken care of. As I got to paying my Macy's card online I noticed that I had a zero balance. I was a little excited but I thought something was weird because I know I didn't completely pay it off. Next thing I know it says that my account was closed.

A little confused I called customer service. They said that my card was reported as lost and stolen and it was reported the day before. I know for a fact I didn't do it. They didn't have any other answers except that they assured me that it wasn't identify theft or someone trying to order a new card and being sent to a new address.

They had me call Consumer Protection Service so I can get full details but they were closed for the night so I had to call the next day.

I called this morning and what they told me that my credit card was comprimisted. A database was stolen and certain number of credit card numbers were attached. One of them was mine. Before anything could happen they cancelled all the accounts and were issued new account numbers. Suppposedly I was going to receive a call regarding this.

Part of me is relieved but a little frustrated that I wasn't properly notified. At least it is all taken care of.

Whew!

No comments: