Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No on H8te!!!

We are one week away from elections and there is a lot of decisions that are going to be made. One importation decision here in California is Proposition 8.

Proposition 8 is to amend the state constituion to define marriage between one man and one woman. A lot of propaganda is going around. Those who are in favor of proposition 8 is using children to scare people to vote yes.

Unfortuantely, the tactics are misleading and not true. I had asked my teacher friends whether they teach marriage or in the curriculum that is required is there a mention of marriage. All of them said no.

Proposition 8 is about discrimination and hate. If two people who love each other want to confirm their love through marriage. Let them be. What is the harm? What if you were not allowed to be with the one you love. How would that feel?

Two good friends of mine got married on 8/8/08.

I would hate for their marriage be reversed because of this proposition.

Please do not believe in the propaganda that the Yes on 8 have produced. Vote no on hate - Vote NO on 8.

1 comment:

lissa said...

I agree with you and I'm definitely voting NO on 8. I don't even remember learning about "traditional marriage" when we were in Jr. High and High School so what makes them think that teachers will teach this now?

I honestly think Prop. 8 is similar to laws preventing interracial marriage. Sure this may be between sexes instead of race but it's still discrimination either way. I hope it doesn't pass.