Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Aftermath

Last night was supposed to be a usual evening. After coming home around 8 p.m. from my meetings in Long Beach I was getting ready for my run. On the schedule was an easy 3 miles. Easy enough, right? Been doing that for months now so 3 should be no different.

Well last night was different. As I was going down 6th street towards Fairfax it changed. As I was running my foot got caught on a slightly raised part of the sidewalk causing me to trip and fall. I totally skidded my knees and of course with me in my head I was thinking - I must finish the 3 miles.

When I finally reached Fairfax I felt a sharp pain in my wrist. Didn't feel good at all so I decided to walk back home. When I got home I contacted Andrew and decided to go to the Emergency Room at Cedars.

Cedars was great and I was in and out in an hour. They took x-rays and lucikly nothing was broken but I do have a sprain and now have to wear this thing on my arm. Below is a picture.




They also took care of my abrasions on my leg. In addition I had to get a tetanus shot.

Thanks Andrew for bringing me to Cedars and thanks Trevor for bringing me home and getting me McDonald's.

What a run, eh? Maybe I should just run on a treadmill from now on.

No comments: