Monday, October 6, 2008

Visiting the Old Roomie

My Mondays are usually spent in Orange County. I first start off with a visit to my chiropractor, now I started adding hitting the gym before I head back home. Today I decided to give Rey a call. Trevor had asked me to go Hi-Times Wine Cellar to pick up a bottle of Pinot Noir. My wine literacy is very limited so I asked Rey to go with me to pick out wine. I figured it would be good to see him, catch up and see Malia.

After I worked out I stopped by Target then a store that sells hair product for cheap and then it was off to the old apartment. It's always good to see Rey. (It's always good to see you Stacey but you were at work. I'll call you soon though. Maybe lunch since I'll have meetings in Manhattan Beach.)

Anyhow when I went over there Malia was aslept. The minute I stepped in she awoke. Rey brought Malia out she was acting really shy. Actually I think she was scared of me. Then again she's probably not used to me especially since I do not visit often. Rey was laughing and was saying that Stacey is going laugh. Everytime Malia would take a peek at me she would scream. He made some comments and I texted Stacey the comments. If you want to know what they were e-mail me. Just don't want to offend anyone. Hahahaha.

Malia eventually warmed up. She was crawling over, playing with my cell phones and eventually wanting for me to pick her up. Below are pictures from when we were playing. Rey even had me feed her a little bit.



We were lucky to have Erin come home to stay with Malia a little bit so Rey can accompany to Hi-Times. When we arrived at Hi-Times it was a little funny because Rey got teary eyed. Ever since Malia was born he has done very little drinking and he's finally getting back into it.

As we made our way through the wine I picked up a Pinot Noir by Thousand Foot from the Russian River Valley. Rey also made a suggestion for another wine that I might like so I picked it up. It's called a Menage a Trois. I laughed but we'll see how good it is when I give it a sip.

Thanks Rey for hanging out. It was fun. Come up some time and we'll do Ugo.

1 comment:

Rey said...

It was great to see you Jason. I haven't had a chance to blog and I usually read yours when I'm posting but I can't believe I just read it right now. It was funny because you really freaked Malia out when she first saw you. I thought it might of just been the hair but I guess it might have been that you're as dark as an Igorot. She likes you now. Lol. Anyways, just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and that I'll contact you soon to fix your retirement plan allocation. Take care.