Monday, April 20, 2009

iConnect


Tonight I went to a hip hop dance show put on by Culture Shock Los Angeles entitled iConnect at the Luckman Fine Arts Complex. I've actually performed in this venue when I danced with Kayamanan ng Lahi years ago.

The pre-show consisted of different groups. First they had students from classes that Culture Shock teaches at local schools. Then they had Kaba Modern Legacy, Fanny Pak, and Futureshock. All those teams killed it.

I really enjoyed the show and can't wait to see what they have in store for September. The show's premise was mainly how communication affects our lives. The dancing was great but the best part I thought was the spoken word portion that immediately followed intermission.

Overall, great show. Congratulations to Culture Shock Los Angeles. The picture above is with my cousin Jeanne, her friend Nicholas and several of the members of Fanny Pak.

*Photo courtesy of Nicholas.

No comments: