Saturday, September 27, 2008

Watch for Flying Debris

I had a hard time getting up for work this morning after a night hanging out with Brian, Navid, Olaf and Bobby. It was fun but I had a hard time getting up especially since I had a good amount of alcohol to drink. Well that and I didn't get home until about 1:30 a.m.

I had my alarm set for 4 a.m. however I didn't get up until much later granted I only had like 3 hours of sleep. I actually was at work an hour late but it's what happened on the way to work that freaked me out.

I was driving on the 110 freeway towards Long Beach. As I was driving I was coming up on the 105 and I see the car in front of me roll over something and it looked like somebody's bumper or a huge piece of metal. The car rolls over it and it comes flying at me. It lands in front of my car and I drive over it.

I was so freaked. I pulled over and check everything out but there wasn't much I could check out especially on the freeway. I kind of just stayed where I was for a good 20 minutes. Not sure what I should do - stay and figure out to do or just go straight to work.

I ended up going straight to work. At times there were awkward noises from the car especially when I would veer a little to the right or make a right turn. When I finally arrived at work and parked I took a peek under the car to see if there was any damage. I do see some marks and notice my front passenger tire is deflating. I decided to call for road side assistance.

I had him change the tire and check for damage. Turns I drove over damaged the tire and bent the rim. I find a place in Carson to check out the tires. It turns out to be even worse. In addition to the front passenger right tire being damaged and the rear passenger right was also damaged. Along that my aligned went off. Luckily, they were able to fix everything.

What a weird day? Don't you agree. Well it didn't stop there. I was on my way home and made the transition from the 110 freeway to the 10 freeway. Guess what's in the middle of the frikkin freeway. A pink couch.

I didn't hit it but I think I'm going to be staying off the road for the rest of the day. I don't think I was meant to be driving today.

No comments: