Monday, July 14, 2008

No Weight Lifting for 4 Weeks

For those of you don't know I was involved in a car accident two weeks ago. Unfortunately it's going through arbitration and hopefully everything will come out well. If you want to know details email me and I'll let you know what happened.

Anyhow a couple days after the accident I started feeling stiffness in my neck as well as pain in my upper back. I decided to wait until Monday to do anything since I had already scheduled a deep tissue massage at Burke Williams. (It was Andrew's Birthday that day also so I was there with him and Leia). Anyhow I was hoping that the massage would make the pain and stiffness go away.

Well the pain continued. The pain was just being bothersome and since I'm training for a marathon I decided to see a chiropractor who I used to work with when I was the Train to End Stroke Director in Orange County. Thank goodness he agreed to see me to do an exam, x-rays and evaluation for free. Turns out that I am going to have to see him for 4 weeks. Luckily I have nothing broken but the bad thing is I can't do any heavy weight lifting but Dr. Bunch did recommend yoga in the time being on top of exercises he is assigning me.

Looks like I'll be doing yoga. Hopefully I'll have a quick recovery and I'll do better. Below are some of the exercises I have to do. I'll update more on my progress.



No comments: