Friday, January 1, 2010

Fitness

We begin a new year and many make the resolution of getting fit or losing weight. As this isn't a resolution of mine as I do go to the gym regularly I'm going to make it a goal to keep up my fitness or improve upon it.

In addition to my weight training I have realized I need to do more of a cardio regimen. I have been slacking but I have picked up. I've started to dance more not just at the 24 hour classes but also at the edge performing arts center in Hollywood. (Thanks to Dean for the gift certificate on my birthday. I'm hooked now!) On an average week I dance 5 times week sometimes doing back to back classes where I'm dancing three to four hours.

I'm also going back to my cardio routine. Depending if I do weights that day I will do anywhere from thirty to forty-five minutes of it. The latter consists of:
  • 10 minutes on a stationary bike
  • 15 minutes on the ellipticial
  • 5 minutes on the rowing maching
  • 5 minutes on the stair machine
  • 10 minutes running on the treadmill
The times will vary if I am doing a shorter workout.

I hope to also incorporate some other activities like tennis, hiking, and back into running. I didn't run any marathons this year. I did a couple short races but who knows what this year holds.

Sounds like a lot but it's the sacrifice I have to make to keep fit.

No comments: