Monday, December 28, 2009

Remembering Gloria

Today was Gloria Gadioma's funeral. For those of you who don't know Gloria she was one of my volunteers at the American Stroke Association. This year she succumbed to cancer. She will be extremely missed.

My memories of her have been always positive as she was. Although I knew she was fighting cancer she showed up on Saturdays giving her time to the organization. Always there with a big smile and encouraging others. She was an inspiration to many. Sometimes she would set a goal of what she was going to do that day and most of the time she would exceed it.

Another fond memory of Gloria was when I saw her she would complement me. Gloria would always ask if I had been losing weight. She would go on to say that I looked good. Who doesn't love to be complemented on the way you look, right?

Gloria Gadioma - I will miss you. You've have touched me and many others while you were with us. Your memory will live on. Rest in Peace Gloria!

Hindi Kita Malilimutan !

No comments: