Thursday, December 10, 2009

Charity?

On the Thursday before Thanksgiving I had gone to a hip hop class in West Hollywood. Afterwards Henry had invited me over for dinner and I agreed to go. On the way I had stopped at 7-11 to grab a drink. As I left my car a man approaches me. He says I'm not asking for money. I was just wondering if you could buy food for myself and my wife. In the spirit of Thanksgiving I would be grateful.

I agreed. So he was grabbing food. More than I thought but I figured even though I'm unemployed I am able to survive and I would help someone who is need. As I am ready to pay I hear a cell phone ring in his pocket.

Of course in my head - How can you afford a cell phone and not food?

I didn't say anything and went ahead and paid for everything. As I was walking out I was second thinking my actions. Did I actually help someone or was I duped?

No comments: